Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wednesday January 9: Speedy Demons

Coach Al invited me to his Wednesday morning track workouts, Speedy Demons. I showed up for the first workout of the new year, which was an easier "comeback" workout with tempo pacing. After a mile warm up we ran 400, 800, 1200, 1600, and every lap had to be the same pace as the first 400.

I fell in with a couple of other runners and ran a 1:55 400m. We proceeded to knock out nearly every lap exactly on clockwork. We finished the 800 in around 3:50, the 1200 in 5:45, and the 1600 in 7:34 - we were allowed to go faster at the end, just not slower.

That's probably my fastest mile time every (at least in my adult life), but alas, I forgot my Nike+. I don't do well mentally speaking at 5:30 in the morning.

It felt pretty comfortable, and I should hope so. If I can hold 7:54 for 6 miles, I should be able to go much lower for a single mile.

I will ignore the fact that I was one of the slower runners in the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment