Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday January 12: Long Run

I spent ten minutes scraping ice off my car this morning. The first two miles off run my feet were painful and then numb. Frost on all the plants, a little slick in spots on the path. I ran 4 loops around the 2.75 mile Lafayette Reservoir path. Total  11 miles with a time of 1:41:47 or 9:14 pace. My first loop was too fast as I always run too fast when I am cold.

My hip flexors were a bit sore as the route is hilly. Strava claims only 476 of gain but garmin says 1300. Guess which one I like better.

My toe was pretty good - I didn't even feel anything around around mile 9 and I think it went away. Which is good because the chiropractor worked on it last night and got it working pretty well. It seems some of my metatarsal bones like to move.

My arch didn't start hurting until around mile 6. I am worried that it will keep getting worse, and I hope my body worker can solve that problem this week.

At one point my lower back started hurting, I think from running down hills in the cold so I could not really feel any feedback from my feet and was probably landing too hard.

Other than all my aches and pains, I felt pretty good about the run. Cross your fingers that my body holds up!

No comments:

Post a Comment